Thursday, August 24, 2006

Don't change a thing baby.

Most of the guys I know go for the typical definition of beauty. Blonde, big boobs, and no brain would be the description of the perfect women for a lot of guys. Not me. I've always leaned toward the opposite end of the spectrum. I prefer brunettes. I don't really know why but it could be the contrast of skin and hair. Boobs are not my thing. I don't care if they are triple D or A-. I've always been a butt man. My only criteria, as far as weight is concerned, is that a woman still have curves that are proportionate. Once a woman gets so fat she looks like an egg is my cut off. Some of things I think are sexy would be a turn off for other men and a point of anxiety for some women. Freckles can be cute. Finding a mole in an interesting place is nice. Having an big nose is not always a turn off either. I guess you could say that I'm the anti-model guy. I think the imperfections are what make people interesting. It could be that women in the media are so "cookie cutter" that I find it refreshing when there is a variety.

Why did I go into this and why should you care? I have no idea. Maybe I just wanted to give some hope to those (most of us) people that think they have to keep up with the unrealistic definition of beauty out there.

So my question of the week is this...

What attracts you most (physically) to a prospective mate or what is the most unusual thing you find attractive?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Hmm....let's see....if a drop dead beautiful guy stops to talk to me, and if when he opens his mouth and his teeth are dirty, and his breath stinks.....it's over before it even starts......or if his fingernails are dirty, and not well trimmed, forget about it......so I guess i'm attracted to a guy who has good personal hygeine...........but for me it's more of a complete package deal. I'm physically attracted to a guy who is intelligent, funny,kind, hard working, responsible,and addiction free.....

7:41 PM  
Blogger zerodoll said...

i go for thin guys, generally, don't like the beefy ones. other than that, i'm pretty open, but i do second jane on the bad teeth thing. very hard to imagine kissing a disgusting mouth.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Glenn said...

I've heard the nail thing before. It seems to bug quite a few women. I suppose it's a sign of overall hygene that many men overlook. Myself, I never got over biting my nails so mine are always overly trimmed. Pathetic huh? Thank goodness that L. thinks my tiny nubs are kinda cute.

The bad teeth thing. Crooked, dirty or both?

4:34 AM  
Blogger zerodoll said...

slightly crooked can be charming if they're obviously otherwise well cared for. major overlapping and/or yellowed/brown means my tongue will not want to be in thre.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

I'd take average looking paired with brilliant and witty over take-me-now dashing paired with dumb and dull any day of the week.

Bad teeth aren't so bad as long as (1) they aren't in need of a good powerwashing and (2) there is a chance a rotted out chicklet might land in my mouth mid-smooch.

And I second your egg anology - lovely visual and right on the mark. Almost shot a Fruit Loop out of my nose reading that line.

Sure looks are part of the equation. But I'd rather tolerate a big ass than a complete asshole.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online