Sunday, August 13, 2006

Getting down and dirty.

L. and I have been having issues lately. Or it could just be me. It seems that we have fell off in the sexual department. It's hard to explain. It's not that we don't have sex, it just seems like less often and it's more difficult for us to initiate it with each other. This was never a problem in the past. In fact, I would have to say it was me that had trouble keeping up with her. At first I thought this had to do with our conflicting schedules but, after two weeks of me living a semi normal sleep pattern, nothing changed. Sometimes I find it hard to tell when she actually wants to have a romp or if she is just feeling affectionate. When I make it clear what my intentions are, she seems shy about it. She gets giggly like a little school girl and seems embarrassed. It's like she is afraid to expose herself to me. In my simple brain this is ridiculous after over eleven years together. I think this may be her way of telling me politely that she's not in the mood. Or maybe she is trying to be cute. Could it be that she wants me to be a man and just take her? I don't know. It makes me feel like she is just not all that into it. We still compliment each other on our looks and I truly feel she is as sexy as she has ever been. Maybe she's a little self conscious now that we've been working out. I can tell she feels a little bad that I seem to have lost more weight than her. I tell here that it's natural for men to drop pounds faster than women. This is especially true because she has a job that is physically demanding and I sit at a desk all day. She is definitely more tone than she was when we started working out. When we were in Florida last weekend, we were the sexiest people in our little group of friends (the competition wasn't exactly tough). At any rate, I can't seem to get her over that little giggly stage. It's not exactly a turn on for me. After all, I want to be wanted too. I think I'm just going to try and assert myself in the next few days and see what happens. If that doesn't work I think I'm going to have to open up a serious dialogue. If I have to do that, she may overreact (which she sometimes does) and make the problem much bigger than it is. I don't want to give here a complex or make her feel like she has to accommodate me every time I want a little nookie. I just don't think it should be as awkward as it seems to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Talk to her and really LISTEN to what she has to say!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online