Saturday, July 15, 2006

Welcome to the inner geek.

I'm deathly afraid of my wife finding out about this blog. No I haven't told her it exists and I don't plan to. It's not that I have anything to hide. I share almost (about 95% of whats here) everything with her anyway. I just want this to be my outlet for the things that I need to get off my chest and I don't want to have to sensor myself because she or anyone else I know might be reading it. So far, putting my words down here has been therapeutic. It is sort of like a relief valve for my life. When I get a little built up anxiety, I unload on the site instead of the people I love. One of my more recent goals has been to get back in touch with my emotions. My mother was the only one who ever really brought out the truly soft side of my personality. Even L. (my wife) can't read me the way mom used to. I've always internalized my emotions and, recently, I feel that it's detrimental to my well being. So here is my outlet. I can honestly say that it has helped me climb out of my shell a little. It seems to be helping and I hope I can go deeper as this thing cruises along. I'll probably tell L. eventually. I'm just not ready yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Even married people should have something to call their own........even if it's just a place where you go to write about your thoughts and feelings without worrying about being sensored.
If your wife ever did find out, i'm sure she would understand.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Glenn said...

She would come around but it wouldn't be worth the week long explanation. I'm not cheating or anything but it could be perceived as a lack of trust from her point of view.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online