Saturday, August 12, 2006

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.

After two weeks off you would think I would be refreshed and ready to work. WRONG! When I woke up at 2:45 AM this morning I considered going out to the garage to get my vice grips in order to hold my eyes open. If it wasn't for the crizzy I'd be sleeping while I type this. Maybe I am sleeping and this blog is just a reflex action to keep my subconscious mind occupied.

My schedule just blows. That combined with a completely meaningless job makes it even worse. Seriously, my job is so lame that one of my predecessors decided, when he was 4 weeks from retirement, that he just wasn't going to do any of our appointed tasks anymore. I kid you not, no one outside our office noticed. It sounds cool to get a paycheck for doing nothing but it turns your brain into mush and really wears on your self worth.

On the bright side, I only have one more shift and my work week is over. If I fall asleep during that shift, which is entirely possible, there's a good chance no one will notice.

I'm still waiting on a verdict to get my old job back. If that doesn't pull through I'm going back to school this year to give myself some more options.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online