Friday, January 04, 2008

Starting Fresh.

So another year has passed. Happy new year to my four or five blogger friends that still show up to read the mad rambling of an airplane geek. I've been thinking for a while as to how my blog will continue and have decided that I need a little more content in here. I'm not referring to my absence or infrequent posts. I've always asserted that a blog is truly for the blogger, not its readers. Forcing yourself to add content for the sake of your readers takes away from the heart of what I think a blog is all about and turns it into mindless mess like a myspace page. I think it's great that you find value and take time out of your life to read my meandering thoughts and post your comments. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy. It really does! But I don't want to take this blog down the road of just posting anything like...I don't know...how many times I've vacuumed my living room this month just to give you something new to read. I feel that zero posts is better than just filler. So this is my resolution to you. I'm not saying that I'm no longer going to post mindless drivel. That's pretty much all I do post. What I am saying, is I'm now going to discontinue posting stuff that I feel is completely mundane day-to-day crap that drives most of us to read blogs in the first place. Fair enough?

Couple posts that are rattling around my head right now...

"The Robot and the Cookie Tin"
"If what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...How the hell did I end up in Georgia?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

(a) I've never found your ramblings mundane.

(b) Oftentimes, I find that what I start with isn't what I end up with. Meaning, write-write-write and you'll eventually end up with something.

(c) If vacuuming is such a fun hobby for you, please allow me to give you my address.

PS: Happy New Year!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Kel said...

I know what you mean about a blog being more for the writer than the reader. However, sometimes "filler" to the writer may just well be entertainment to the reader. (I always think I'm rambling and then I get lots of comments about how funny I was, etc.) You don't give yourself enough credit. But I think your plan is a good one.

Oh, and I finally visited Atlanta this past summer and I realized it's not a place I would want to live. So your Vegas/Georgia post sounds interesting!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online