Saturday, August 04, 2007

Goal Post 2

In my quest to become a more motivated individual, I must say that this goal post thing seems to be working. (For the most part anyway.) I'm happy to report that I accomplished four of my five goals for last month.

I fixed that toilet that Jay was bugging me about. Thanks for the motivation bro, I needed it.

Now I can officially call my bus "done." Complete with new, paint, interior panels (made from vinyl table cloths batting and plywood), a CD player (with speakers and everything), and a cup holder so I won't get shot the next time I get pulled over.

My garage is clean. I can walk from point to point with out dodging tools, trash and other crap that I tend to leave around when working out there.

Earlier this month I updated the links to other bloggers on the side of this page.

My one failure this month was in the vacuuming department. Despite my vow to do it once per week, I only managed to do it once for the entire month.


So here are my August goals.

1. Vacuum my house at least once per week. I vow this will be the last time this finds its way into my goal post. I just have to nip this in the bud.

2. Post a "Question of the week" at least once per week. So look out for it and call me out if I fail.

3. Rehang the front door on the house so it will close properly. Currently I can only get it to stay shut with the dead bolt.

4. Locate a suitable vehicle to replace L's current ride which is showing signs of imminent death. This requires interaction with car salesmen and, personally, I'd rather pull my teeth out with pliers than deal with these vultures.

5. I'm trying to become more involved with the local VW club. Currently we meet at the local Sonic once per month. All of the members in local VW community seem to agree that there needs to be a decent show in the Atlanta area so I've charged myself with scouting potential locations for a full blown VW extravaganza to be hosted by our local club.

6. Read one of the two books dad gave me a couple months ago. I just had to put an easy goal in here so I can feel like I got something done when I give my progress report next month.

7. This is going to be the hardest one. I will go to the gym at least three times a week for this entire month.

Please feel free to wish me luck or give me a ration of shit. After all, that's what the comment button is for.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger jayfish said...

yay! 90% of your previous goals were met. excellent work, sir!

12:01 PM  
Blogger zerodoll said...

how often have you been going to the gym?

7:34 PM  
Blogger Glenn said...

We've been going an average of about once per week.

What I want to get to is this...

Day 1- Upper body & light cardio
Day 2- Below the hips & light cardio
Day 3- Abs & heavy cardio

Sunday/Tuesday/Friday

10:44 PM  
Blogger BOB13 said...

Nice work, Cousin Glenn! You pulled off 80% of your goals. (Sorry, Jayfish. 4 out of 5 isn't quite 90%.) Good luck in August. I've got some big August goals of my own.

12:59 AM  
Blogger jayfish said...

hehe. but... he um... vaccuumed once so that's an extra 10% in my book. (it ain't a math book!)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

you did good, glenn!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I despise vacuuming, so I understand your goal of vacuuming once a week. It'll never happen in my world, however. Especially when it's so darn hot, I'll be sweating before I finish the living room and that'll make me cranky.

My goal is five days a week for working out, but I've only been accomplishing 3 of late. Too darn hot to do my workout program at home that's I'm supposed to do on Tuesdays and Fridays.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online