Saturday, January 27, 2007

Off the mark.

Sometimes I read what other people write and it reminds me how painfully inadequate my meandering blog can be. Will this stop me from continuing? No. My goal with this written cyber journal is not to become a better writer as I really have no aspirations to become one. Sure it would be fun to write a great novel or piece of work that touches millions and makes me rich and famous but there are much more qualified individuals who are more capable and eloquent than I. When I think about myself as a writer, I compare my skills and opinions with that of a famous person who wants to be taken seriously but should never be. Someone like Paris Hilton for example. I see this chick on the TV and I wonder...How the hell did this girl get famous? I mean, other than having a family fortune at her disposal, why the hell do people care what she's doing? She's not even an actor. The only reason she became famous was for partying and high style that 99.999999999999% of us are incapable of keeping up with. So why worship something like that.? Maybe it's because I spent some of my formative years growing up in the city of angels but I just don't get into what celebrities are doing. I also don't respect them and hang on their every word like many people do. Sure it can be good for a laugh to see them get all self absorbed but seriously, who really who really reads this crap? Strike that. I know who reads it, and I'm not trying to bash them for doing so (really). What I have a problem with, is how people become immersed in it. There are entire channels on TV dedicated to what these people do on a daily basis. Seriously, who cares if they took a shit in a public bathroom? People just put too much stock in what these idiots who live in lala land say and do. Most of these people are complete imbeciles and so far out of touch with reality that they have no business dispensing advise or political opinions or even telling you what's cool to wear. Paris Hilton, Keaneau Reeves, Brittany Spears, Ashley Simpson, the list is endless. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and, if I was famous, I'm sure I would jump on the soap box occasionally. The thing is, you really need to go into deep self examination sometimes and try to decide what's truly important. If your goal is strictly entertainment then go with it. But don't try to pass yourself off as a well educated insightful person when all you have to go on is your looks or your bank roll. Some (many I hope) of us see through your fortune and fame for what you really are. You're a normal idiot like me who got lucky or had the bank roll to buy your fame. That's it. Don't worry, you entertainers still have value to me. You look good in a swimsuit or you act or sing so poorly that it makes me laugh when you open your mouth. Just keep in mind, as you tell me what I should do or believe from your Beverly Hills palace, that you are my entertainment not my god.

Wow this post went way off the mark from what I originally was trying to get across. At least I know I'm an idiot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

You're not an idiot! I pretty much agree with everything else you said.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

Ditto to Jane.

But I have to admit an odd fascination with the gossip ramblings of those folks. It's sorta fun to watch stupidity in action

9:25 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Bravo! That was a great post. I think the same thing sometimes, too, about my little blog not being good enough or entertaining enough. But hey, it's really supposed to be a creative outlet for ME. Good reminder to stop obsessing.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online