Thursday, January 25, 2007

Another day of the week.

Sunday. It's the same as every other day of the week. There's nothing special about it. Unless you live in Georgia where if you want a beer, you better have some left in the fridge or you're fucked. What it amounts to is a law instated by the Christian rule that dominates the heritage in the south. I don't know how long it's been in effect, but I'm sure it's pretty much been here as long as the state has been a state. Now there is a bill being pushed here that will allow the liquor stores and quickie marts to sell on that day which is blessed to the Christian majority here. (Yay!) They want us to vote on which way we want it. I think I'm going to schedule the day off and make sure I turn up at my polling place. Sadly, I will probably be out voted. This is a shining example of how other peoples beliefs get crammed down my throat.

The irony in all of this is you can still buy a beer on Sunday here. All you have to do is go to you're favorite bar or restaurant and order whatever you like. You can get as shitfaced as want as long as you do it in a public place. How stupid is that? It's a conspiracy to maintain high levels of DUI convictions if you ask me. So you're a Christian and don't think it's cool to drink on the holy day of Sunday. Fine, but don't get pissed at me if I blow beer chunks on you in the parking lot of Ruby Tuesday because the sight of you in your Sunday best reminded me of how much you make me sick!

2 Comments:

Blogger jayfish said...

ah yes. i'm SO glad i moved away from oklahoma. it was the same way there. i took z back there for christmas and we decided it would be easier to bring our own wine rather than try to find a place that would be open/have a decent selection.

on the plus side, it gave us plenty of luggage room on the way back!

is the beer there 3.2% like it was in ok?

9:45 AM  
Blogger Glenn said...

No 3.2% here but I did encounter that stuff in MN. I was up there for school and my cousin came with me from FL for the ride. When we got there in the evening we decided to chill in the hotel and get some beer from the store. We bought 24 beers and cooled them in the hotel sink and promptly drank every one. We were wondering why they didn't seem to have the desired effect. Didn't find out until the next day that it was 3.2%. You can't buy regular beer anywhere but a bottle shop in MN.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online