Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hell on wheels.

I know this will bore most of you to death but, I was thinking about it, and I've owned a bunch of cars.

The list in the order in which I purchased them.

1- 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme:
My first car. I loved it for a ton of reasons. The main one was the Bench seat in the front. Great for those "parking" events in high school.

2- 1981 Oldsmobile Delta 88:
I purchased this battle ship from my parents after the Cutlass died and I still hate the thing.

3- 1987 Toyota Corrola:
Go here for the story on that one.

4- 1995 Dodge Neon:
First brand new car ever and the salesman saw me coming. I think he's still living on the commission. It was a great car though.

5- 1995 Jeep Cherokee:
Wanted a Jeep for a long time and traded the Neon to get out from under the insane interest rate I was paying.

6- 1995 Mazda B2300:
Traded the Jeep for it to reduce my payments and insurance. I will never buy another pick-up truck as long as I live. Sold it to some kid who lowered it when the mini trucks were all the rage.

7- 1995 Ford Probe GT:
Practically stole this car from the dealership when I caught the salesman in a lie. got more money for it as a trade than I paid up front after driving it for a year. This deal made me a family legend at car buying.

8- 1999 Jeep Wrangler:
My second brand new car ever. Had 4K knocked off the sticker price before I walked into the dealer showroom. It was a fabulous car and, If circumstances hadn't forced the sale I would still own it.

9- 1968 VW Beetle:
I always wanted one and I finally got my wish. This car served me faithfully, including a two year stint with a Pizza Hut sign on the roof, until about three years ago when the clutch gave out. I started to restore it, but the rust was so bad I decided to make it a dune buggy. I still own it and it's a work in progress. It's going to be resurrected as a bad ass little machine when I'm done.

10- 1989 Nissan Sentra:
I bought this for a couple hundred bucks during the Pizza phase as a spare in case the Beetle crapped out. It died before the bug did.

11- 2004 Subaru Impreza:
I wanted one for two years before I bought this. It was the best all around car I could find for the money and the only reason I actually did purchase it was because the bug was down. And I still own it today. But once the bus is on the road, this thing is gone.

12- 1995 Jeep Cherokee:
This is the replacement for the Wrangler. L needed a bigger car for work and this one was cheap and runs strong for it's age.

13- 1967 VW Bus:
It lives but it needs a ton more work to be road worthy.

From the look of things, it would appear that I really like the 1995 model year. It's just a coincidence. I do like Jeeps. Every one I've owned has been dependable and nearly bullet proof. Air cooled VWs are the shizneeeaaaaat. They just have personality.

My top three favorites:
1. The bug (duh!)
2. The '78 Cutlass (there's just something about your first)
3. The Wrangler (uber fun SUV)

Honorable mention: I'm sure the bus will bump the Wangler out of the top three but that has yet to be determined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online