Saturday, December 16, 2006

Life gets in the way.

Sunday, in spite of my best intentions of bring the bus engine back to life, I got stuck on the couch watching my Jags beat the piss out of the Colts. After the game, I went to dinner with L and we finished the X-mas shopping.

Spent Monday and Tuesday working on the bus engine. Took way longer than it should have. Managed to get the engine reinstalled in the bus. Haven't had the chance to fire it up because I fried the electric ignition that is installed in the distributor while trying to static time it.

Had a couple people look at the Subaru. One guy swore up and down that, after he sells his car, he'll be back to buy mine. I'm not turning blue from holding my breath though. I had to detail the car so it took time away from my bus revival. Not to mention, playing phone tag and setting up test drives.

L's car broke Thursday night. Not good since she uses it for work. Spent eight hundred bucks on a thorough brake job only to find out the problem is in the transfer case (it's a 4x4). I don't feel bad about the money we spent. I know the thing needed a revamp pretty bad anyway. Limped the thing up to my local shop yesterday. They said they couldn't get the part until this coming Tuesday and then it would be a day before they could get it back to us. This means L wouldn't be able to work until Thursday. I had to locate the part myself. I Found it but I Still have to go and pick the thing up to deliver it to the shop today. She will be back in action Monday evening but only after another $700 in parts and labor and two additional days with no income coming from her. I'm sure I could do the work myself but time is a luxury I can't afford and there are two VWs and a bazillion parts in my garage so space is an issue as well.

I think L desperately needed some time off anyway. The car repair bills are well worth it to me so she can take a breath. Once she got over the stress of driving a broken car around and dealing with the idiots she works for, her mood has become jovial. It's like night and day. It's worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. I'm thinking I'll sabotage her car every once in a while in the future.

So lets recap shall we.

I didn't finish any of my bus tasks.
I've had two unsuccessful sales of my car.
I've spent thousands on unexpected car repairs.
We're losing income because L can't work without her car.
I'm absolutely exhausted and could use about two days worth of sleep.
And I'm in a fantastic mood despite it all.

This is the stuff that makes life fun I guess. Or I'm a masochist. Whichever it is, I'm cool with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

it's great that you can still be in a great mood! yay!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online