Saturday, December 09, 2006

Bus on the brain.

I was going to post something cool today but I'm enthralled by my new VW workshop manual that came in the mail yesterday. So I'm now making a plan of attack for this coming weekend of hippie van resurrection.

To do list:

Today:
Purchase a couple more parts and get sheet metal from Lowes to repair roof sections.

Tomorrow:
Reinstall engine after thorough cleaning and inspection.
Hook up to gas can an see if it will fire up. (hopefully without catching on fire or anything)
Take a spin around the block and see if trany is working. (crossing fingers)

Monday-Wednesday
Weld missing body panels back in place. With any luck, I'll be finished welding.

Side note:

I'm gonna go with a lime green color like this with black accents. This is where you, my loyal readers, can help. I need a good word to put on the license plate. I'm sort of thinking of calling it the Jolly Rancher "JLYRNCR" but I'm not sold on that. So this is your opportunity to play..."Name my bus!" There will be no fabulous prizes but, if you ever see me driving down the road or my picture in "HotVWs" magazine, you can say, "Hey! I named that bus!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

saw a lady in a mercedes with a license plate that read "use2Bhz"...or close to that. made me laugh.

still thinking about a name for yours. i like the color!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online