Thursday, December 28, 2006

Tidbits.

L. asked what I want for my birthday which is within a week. Can you put fourteen hours of sleep on a gift card? It would be awesome if I could use it whenever I was short of Z's. Just whip it out and use a couple hours to refresh myself.

Christmas was fun. We pretty much followed my poem. My dad and little brother met us for dinner at a local restaurant on Christmas eve. Little bro stayed the night and worked with me in the garage all day. Patched the front hole in the roof of the bus. Came out better than the first. Also partially welded in the bulkhead (divider) before I ran out of welding gas. Looks like crap now , but with a coat of paint, it'll be almost invisible.

Before...

After...
Lost my internet connection at the house. Not sure if it's the cable or a virus or something. Which reminds me... We took the POS Ipod back and got a refund.

Went to the DMV to pay my Ad Valorem tax (aka state theft of funds) for my car. You think the inlaws would be pissed I used their $300 gift check to pay for tags on my car? I miss Florida where you paid taxes based on the weight of your vehicle. Cost of tags for a '68 VW beetle. $26.

It's going to be a redneck new year. We decided to go to a party at a friends farm to ring in the new year. They're going to have fireworks by the pond. "The good-uns ya git frum 'cross the state line." Think I'm going wear my leather jacket and welding helmet. I get mental shots of overweight guys saying "Hold ma beer -n- watch this!"

New years resolutions. More Gym. No more smoking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Happy New Years, Glenn!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Happy New Year! Hope it's the best ever. So, will that bus be done by '98? hee hee

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online