Friday, September 08, 2006

Money I don't have.


Last week I bought another project VW. L, being the sweet woman she is, let me get away with it. To be honest, she likes the thing as much (if not more) than I do. I found a '67 microbus for sale online and snatched it up for $250. It has an engine tranny and everything. The kicker about this one is that it is one of the most rust free busses I've ever seen. I've been doing some checking and these things can go anywhere from $6000 to $25,000 bucks.

The bad part about the van is that it's been butchered up like hell so it will never fall into the 25K category. This is just fine by me because I don't buy cars to have them sit in the garage and collect dust. Cars are for driving. If you're a VW geek like me this thing has cool written all over it.

Now the heat is on to get the dune buggy finished so I can move this new project into the garage. It's given me a new sense of urgency to get the buggy done. The bus don't look like much now but in my minds eye it's friggin killer dude.

On a side note. This picture was taken in my yard or as I like to call it "the rain forest." The bus is parked in a little turn around next to my driveway. The main road is probably two hundred feet past the van. It's like my own little private nature preserve. I love it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie :) said...

I liked your blog a lot..
Visit mine.
And sorry for my bad english, but I really liked your page.. I HAD to comment here.. =)
kisses

7:07 PM  
Blogger Glenn said...

Thanks for the compliment.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Looks like a hippy van.
I like it.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Glenn said...

It is a hippie van. I just don't fall into the hippie category.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online