Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bad Plaingeek

Whew I've been slacking the last month or so. Sorry about that.

My job is killing me. Not the work itself but the hours. My sleep is all screwed up. I get very little sleep toward the end of the week and on the weekends and I seem to be having a problem with insomnia lately on the days where I have the time to catch up. I don't have trouble sleeping. Once I'm unconscious, I'm out for the count. I just have problems going to sleep. Many a night I lay in bed with my mind in overdrive. I stare in to the black void of my bedroom thinking about a myriad of things like VWs, the future, the past, my marriage, things I have to do, and anything else that flows through my cranium. I usually do this for about two hours before I get frustrated and roll out of the bed. The only cure, as of now, is to turn on the idiot box and watch something boring until I can't hardly keep my eyes open. It sucks. My bodies internal clock is all fucked up.

Question of the week.
Do any of you have a cure for this that doesn't involve drugs? If you do, I'd sure like to hear it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger zerodoll said...

it's really tough for you b/c the body prefers the same hours consistently and "making up for it" doesn't really cut it. i tend to stay awake if i try reading and i've read that the tv's light interferes with the body's wanting to go to sleep. i use crossword puzzles. oh and sex, that seems to work!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

exercise helps.......a hot bubble bath, as hot as you can stand it helps......and like Zerodoll says, sex seems to work.

ps.....are you still not smoking?

6:23 PM  
Blogger Glenn said...

Sex is great and usually works for me but waking L up at 4:40AM when she has to get up at 6:00 just isn't cool so that's not always an option.

Jane: Sadly we fell off the smoking wagon during the BigO fiasco. we'll be back on soon though.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online