Thursday, September 14, 2006

Even 3.5 day weekends are too short.

Sunday I got off my mid shift and went straight to a VW show. I had a great time with my boy SNT who also had the mid and is slowly being converted into a VW geek (insert evil laugh of choice here.) It was in the beautiful Georgia mountains. The weather was perfect, I saw a ton of cool cars and picked up some parts for my buggy. Even though it was a tow hour trip each way, I didn't feel the lack of sleep catching up to me until much later that night after I had been up for over 36 hours straight. I slept like a rock.

Monday L. miraculously got the day off. I spent Monday fixing the lawn mower and mowing the grass (aka weeds.) We spent the rest of the day shopping for art. We needed a painting to go in our dining room. My brother D. and his family are coming in November and it will be the first time they have seen my house so we decided it was a good excuse to get it now (thank you VISA.) We drove around all over the place, bought expensive coffee, and had a wonderful lunch. We found a beautiful painting in an import store and we both knew it was what we wanted the second we saw it. It was only two hundred bucks and we snatched it up. It is an oil painting of a forest in front of a lake in early autumn. The colors are beautiful and the sky is a gold leaf color that makes it pop off the wall under light. It sounds a little funny as I type this but, take my word for it, it's beautiful on our wall.

Tuesday was my friend T's birthday. We met he and his wife over at the local Japanese steak house. This was only the second time I'd ever been to one of these types of restaurants. I never went back to one because I wasn't impressed with my first experience. Greatgooglymoogly it was FANTASTIC this time! If it wasn't for the eighty dollar tab I would be eating there at least three times a week. After dinner we went back to T's house for some adult beverages, a round of poker, and one of those big ole birthday cookies you get in the mall.

Wednesday was my down time. I slept in late and, pretty much goofed off the whole day. L and I met T and his wife for dinner at a local bar and had a good time discussing what we would do with our lotto winnings. We intended to play poker in the local little bar league but evidently the game was canceled. No worries. Drinks and food were good enough for me.

I woke up early this morning because I had to get something done to my buggy before the evil work week started. I piddled in the garage for about two hours and then got ready for work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Sounds like a nice weekend!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

But it made me tired just reading about it!

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online