Sunday, April 23, 2006

Somebody wake me up

I spent the better part of today walking around in a daze, thinking about my last post. I talked to L. (my wife) about the prospects of implementing a derivative of the plan. She was surprisingly receptive to the idea.

In case I haven't mentioned it before, I'm not exactly satisfied with where my current dead end career is going. I need something more. I need to feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the day. I need to know that there is something more for me out there. I don't need to be a millionaire. I just want to make a comfortable living at something that I can get satisfaction from. There seems to be no greater (attainable) challenge for me than running my own business. For a long time now, I've had the idea that I wanted to run my own restaurant. I don't know what ever put the idea into my head that it would be a good idea but it has just festered there for several years. I want to open a restaurant and pub somewhere on a beach. I want the bum lifestyle with a better paycheck. L and I talked about it at length. It seems that we have hatched a five year plan to save money, liquidate assets, and put the plan into effect. It seems within reach. I feel like I can accomplish this. It's strangely liberating and scary at the same time. Maybe it's just my wanderlust was stimulated by my trip or it could very well be the fact that I'm on my second ten hour shift in thirty six hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online