Saturday, April 01, 2006

The road becons.

OK this week I start my vacation. I'll be spending my time down in sunny Florida hangin' with good friends and watching some air shows. It promises to be an excellent time. There is a lot of driving to be done. First to Lakeland Thursday and Friday. Then south of Tampa Friday and Saturday. Jacksonville on Sunday and Monday. Eventually back up here to Georgia on Tuesday.

I like road trips. I'm a driving fiend. My 2004 Subaru I bought new has 62k on the odometer and is already out of warranty. Give me enough coffee, cigarettes, and good tunes and I can drive forever. Truck driver would've been a good career choice for me. I guess I'm a control freak. I need to be in control of whatever vehicle I'm in at the time. My wife doesn't even ask me anymore if I want her to drive. I'm not anal about it. If she wants to drive, I'm happy to let her do so. I think she prefers to be a passenger. I could never have an all original collectors type car. I couldn't just let it sit in the garage collecting dust.

I'll be back to my blog after I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online