Thursday, March 30, 2006

Hello, my name is Glenn and I'm lazy.

One key to having a successful blog is your ability to post often. I planned to write much more frequently within these electronic pages than it seems I have. Given the nature of my personality, I find it amazing that I've managed to write as often as I do. So far I have 42 posts. I've written more words on these few pages than I probably wrote during my entire time in high school. Yea I was a terrible student when my education was free. Anyone who reads this blog can probably see it in my writing. I am, at my core, a lazy bastard.

My nemesis is the damn evil black box. That machine that sits on the stand in the living room. That thing that beckons to me whenever I pass it. Once I turn that damn TV on I am helpless to accomplish anything. I, like many Americans, will watch that damn thing no matter what's on. Someone mentioned a while ago that they were getting DVR so they can record their favorite shows and watch them at their leisure. I seriously considered shelling out the extra ten bucks to my cable company for the pleasure of DVR. Then it dawned on me...If I'm capable of watching the TV for hours on end when nothing is on, I would become a permanent fixture in my living room with DVR. I'm sure my TV habit is something like any addiction. Slowly I can feel myself breaking free of its grasp. Or it could be that there aren't any good sitcoms and "reality" TV just sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online