Sunday, February 25, 2007

Shouldn't there be a rule?

If you get elected as a D or an R, shouldn't you have to finish your term as such? These losers jumping ship in the middle of their term is just BS and just goes to prove my theory that the two party system is absolutely worthless anymore. They're all the same. Completely worthless.

News services should only be allowed to follow completely meaningless stories for an hour or two. Lord I'm tired of hearing about the Anna debacle and it's completely pointless. Just bury the girl already. The people who are following this story are the same assholes that slow down on the highway to see the accident that happened on the other side of the divider. It means nothing to them and yet they must stop and look.

Shouldn't it be that, once you reach a certain age (say 70), you should have to take a driving test every year to prove that you're safe behind the wheel?

Shouldn't we all pay the same amount of taxes? Why do I get a tax break for being lucky enough to afford my own home? And why should other people get tax relief for having 150 kids? If you can't afford a kid, you shouldn't have one in the first place.

Why is it that building a fence across the Mexican border sounds like a good idea but letting Mexican truckers come, virtually free from inspection, across onto our highways also sounds like a good idea? Shouldn't there be someone with some common sense in charge?

Why, when I hear the news on TV, do people always refer to "the American people" like we are a bunch of cows who have no clue what's going on and are incapable of making our own decisions. Shouldn't we be treated like reasonably intelligent human beings?

Why, when I hear about the polls, have I never been invited to participate in one? Shouldn't these things have to be completely random in order to have any true validity?



Question of the week.
Have you ever considered running for president of the US? What would your platform be?

I'm thinking of doing it under an election reform/flat tax platform. I wonder what's required to actually run? Do you have to buy a nomination or can you just call CNN and tell them that you're running? I need to look this stuff up. I'll be 35 before the next election so I should be eligible.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger BillyLevere13 said...

President PlainGeek? I LOVE it! You got my vote. Especially if you're running on a campaign reform platform. We need someone in the White House who drives a VW bus!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I slowed down to check out a car wreck yesterday. My morbid sense of curiosity got the better of me!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online