Saturday, December 17, 2005

Grow up people

"The definition of maturity is that ability to accept responsibility for your actions or inactions." I don't remember the teachers name, but I learned that definition in the ninth grade. For some crazy reason those words were burned into my grey matter. I think most of my generation and those that follow could take theses words to heart. There aren't enough people in the world who take responsibility for what happens to them in their lives. I don't know where it started, but people these days have lost their common sense. I was a book store the other day rummaging through the comedy section where I came across a book of actual warning labels and I think this sums what I'm getting at quite well. On a super hero suit with a cape and the whole nine there was a product warning that went something like this...

This product does not enable the wearer to fly.

WTF?!? Is this what our society is coming to? Do we really need labels on our coffee that say "Caution Hot"? Where the hell do we draw the line? Why are we protecting idiots when we can just let nature take its course and they will eventually eliminate themselves from the gene pool? As a general rule I don't like to point fingers but...FUCKING LAWYERS!!! Get a life you blood sucking leaches!!! Some one does something stupid that may or may not be their fault and the lawyers see fucking dollar signs. I remember watching the news the other night when the plane rolled off the runway in Chicago. I imagined that I was an ambulance chaser watching the same broadcast. I came up with something like 14 different groups to sue on behalf of the family who lost their son. It's tragic the poor boy died. Honestly though, how often does something that bazaar happen? No one gets in their car and thinks about a plane falling from the sky and killing them. The sad thing is, now airports are going to have some sort of warning labels on them.

Caution! Planes landing here might overshoot the runway once every forty years.

Too often we're worried about placing blame rather than accepting the fact that shit happens and no matter how many warning labels you put on it shit still stinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online