Sunday, April 27, 2008

The touch. Part 2

Your eyes had the same effect as the smallest digit on your right hand. Just the way you looked at me burrowed into my spine and made me feel warm. We conversed for a time and it was the same as before. I felt like my desire for you was as palpable as if there were a ten foot gorilla in the room. As the party wound down, we continued to linger and talk about everything and nothing. I could tell the alcohol was starting to have an effect on you as your words and gestures became more exaggerated. I was high on nothing but you. Your laugh was contagious. Your smile was infectious. Everything you did seemed effortless. Occasionally you would reach out and touch my shoulder while laughing at one of my bumbling attempts at humor. Each touch increased my craving for more. Fear crept into me as more guests departed the event and I began to feel like our time was coming to an end. My scrambled brain was so preoccupied by desire that it wouldn't function properly anymore. Then there was a silence between us. I screamed at myself in my head, "Say something you idiot! Anything!" All I could do was look into your smiling eyes and wish that I could touch you all over. My fear made me feel as though you were going to reject me. My normal confidence and swagger left me. Once again, you reduced me to feeling like inexperienced school boy. All hope was lost.

Then you asked me for a ride home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

Ah, the rawness of honesty. Love this little snippet.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online