Saturday, January 07, 2006

Auto

Auto insurance is required by law in every state. Liability insurance covers the other guy if I get in a wreck. Does this not seem stupid to anyone else but me? Shouldn't I be covering myself if I'm driving down the road in my car? Oh yea, I can buy that coverage too? Well why should I have to buy that coverage if the other guy has liability insurance? Oh, you mean he might not actually have insurance and still be driving around in a car? So let me get this straight...I have to have liability insurance by law but I also have to have additional coverage to protect myself and my assets in case the other guy doesn't abide by the law. It seems to me that if everyone just insured themselves and not the other guy there wouldn't need to be a law.

Here's a little food for thought. Lets say you get in a minor fender bender. Your insurance deductible is $500. The damage appears to be around $1000 which it will be if you scratched the other guys paint anywhere. What should you do?

A) Report it to your insurance company.
B) Just pay the damage out of your own pocket.

If you picked "A" you're an idiot. By the time you paid the deductible and the increased premiums in your insurance, you'll go way over the $1000. Lets not forget that your company may drop you as a customer just for being a higher risk driver.

Now lets recap the auto portion of our little lecture. I pay insurance to cover the other guy and myself. If I never use my benefits, I still continue to pay. If I ever actually need my insurance I better make damn sure I've nearly totaled the other dudes car before I call my company. After I call my company, they will drop me as a client because I'm a high risk now. Fucking thieves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online