Tuesday, July 01, 2008

A night in the life of the Plaingeek.

Usually goes something like this...

9:00 PM. Watch pointless TV show to make me tired.

11:30 PM Get sleepy and climb in bed.

12:30 AM Still staring into darkness eyes wide open while mind runs wild thinking about everything and nothing.

12:35 AM Get frustrated and head to the back porch to have a smoke.

12:40 AM Snuff out cig and sit in silence for a few minutes while listening to the sound of the woods.

12:50 AM Realize that there is no way I can sleep until I'm absolutely exhausted.

12:51 AM Hop on computer and surf blogs and favorite sites in hopes that sleepiness will return.

1:20 AM Feel eyes get heavy again and climb back in bed.

2:00 AM Silently wish my brain had a fucking off switch and wonder why the fuck it doesn't seem to work unless it's sitting on my pillow in the dark.

2:05 AM Roll back out of bed and return to the computer to take my aggressions out on other virtual WWII pilots with insomnia.

4:53 AM Barely able to hold bloodshot eyes open and fall back into bed. Body, thankfully, overrides brains ability to maintain thought and blessed sleep comes swift.


Wash, Rinse, Repeat.
At least once per week.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, that sucks. I read somewhere that when you have insomnia, you definitely should get up and do other things until you get really tired -- but that you shouldn't do anything that involves looking at screens: no computer or TV or movies. Maybe try reading a book instead? Preferably a real boring one. ;)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Glenn said...

Sounds like a good idea but if the book tuns out to be good, I'll be up till 5:00Am the next day reading. A good book is much more adictive than infomercials or flying around in a virtual sky.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

I hear you on this one...happens to me every now and then.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online