Thursday, May 24, 2007

Milestone.

As of three o'clock today another year has ticked off my marital clock. Today was the day I married L. Ten years ago. It was a beautiful spring day and everything was perfect. (OK the cake was missing a layer but no one noticed but myself and L.) It was the best wedding I've ever attended and I'm not just saying that because it was mine.

At any rate, we've reached the ten year mark and I still love her. We're both working today so there was no celebration. I sent ten roses to her work this afternoon and yesterday we had a fabulous dinner at an Italian restaurant. It's funny. We've been together nearly a third of my entire life and it simply doesn't seem that long to me until I think about it. We're now in the double digits. It doesn't seem like an accomplishment until I realize that there is a word that describes it.

Decade.

Frigging awesome!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger zerodoll said...

that's great, congratulations!

9:02 AM  
Blogger jayfish said...

grats to you both!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Happy anniversary!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online