Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Georgia The Beautiful.

I'm lucky to have lived in many places growing up. I wasn't a military brat or anything but my mom was something of a nomad. I was born in Nevada and raised in Michigan, Indiana, California, and Florida. I have always loved the natural beauty of the west. Big sky, beautiful mountains, and deserts have a special place in my heart. It's just...me.


I've been living in Georgia for about four years now and I'm starting to realise why Ray Charles sang a song about it. The natural beauty of this state in incredible and, of all the places I've lived, it's my favorite next to the southwest. If I could just get the extreme rednecks to go away and move the beach a little closer, it would be perfect.


After L and I got back from PA, we drove about fifteen miles from our house to visit a local state park. To say it was beautiful is an understatement.


This little river is about a mile from my house I found this spot when I made a wrong turn.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

very pretty!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

Um, those spots are clearly nowhere near Atlanta. 'Cause I've been to Atlanta. Lots. And nothing I've seen makes me melt the way those pictures you posted do. Just beautiful!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Glenn said...

Define near Atlanta. Because I'm thirty minutes south of downtown and this park is right off I-75. If you go forty minutes north of town into the mountains you'll find a lot better stuff than this. Looks like somone needs to put on thir dry cleanable shorts and do some scouting the next time they're in town.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Glenn said...

...and the bears that are around here are much smaller.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online